In need of a new face wash and aimlessly scanning aisles at Target, I came across this face wash (to be specific, cleansing oil). What first caught my eye was “cleansing oil.” The only place I’d ever known to sell cleansing oil was Sephora and other upper end beauty chains, and always heard people speak of this type of product as a must-have. So, I figured… why not try it out?! What a great impulsive purchase!
Here it is: Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil by Palmer’s (It. Is. Amazing.)
My overall rating: 9.5/10
Looking at it from outside of the bottle, it seems like it will have a baby oil consistency. However, when you squirt it in your hand, at first it feels oily but it turns into a gentle lather. What makes it even better is the rosehip fragrance: it feels and smells so good. It’s nearly therapeutic.
One of the main things I look for in a face wash is being able to remove long-lasting makeup, and this does the job. It melts your makeup, and is so gentle on your skin. (I even rub some on my eyelashes and around my eyes: no irritation!)
What’s To Love:
- The product boasts that it “deep cleans and brightens” and “removes make-up and impurities.” IT’S NOT LYING. After using this wash, my face feels so fresh and hydrated.
- It contains so many natural ingredients: sweet almond oil, soybean oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, cocoa seed butter, sesame seed oil, and the list goes on.
- It doesn’t contain sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or mineral oil, and hasn’t been tested on animals.
- Such a steal – only ~$7
- It’s sooooo gentle. I swear any type of skin would love this stuff.
- Perfect to remove make-up.
What’s Not To Love:
- There really isn’t anything I can find to not like about this product, other than the fact that there are a very few ingredients with names I cannot pronounce. However, they may be harmless 😉
As for myself, this will be a staple in my beauty regimen.